[mythtv-users] Re: monitor and tv out with nvidia drivers

Andrew Ingram adingram at clara.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 00:52:02 EDT 2003

<snip>
> > Also
> > had to set the MythVideo settings so that the mplayer
> command includes
> > "-xineramascreen 1", otherwise it was playing on the monitor rather
> > than
> > tv. I need to do the same for MythDVD for DVD and VCD
> playback but the
> > command isn't editable.
>
> In mythfrontend -> Setup -> DVD Settings -> Play Settings, there is a
> place you can edit the mplayer (or other player) launch command, and
> you should be able to add it there.

Actually, I tried that. But it seemed that those fields weren't editable
- it was just a drop down box of various things capable of showing
dvds/vcds with completed command lines. Any changes I tried to make were
not being saved. I haven't looked into it anymore since I ran into
another snag. When I was using twinview, I was sometimes getting
horizontal tearing whilst watching live tv during heavy scene scrolling.
I've put this down to the extra strain of running 2 screens. This wasn't
happening when both screens were at the same resolution, so I'm thinking
my 1600x1200, 1024x768 is too much (especially as the 1024 res becomes
1024x1200 effectively). I'm going to experiement with different
resolutions to see what I can get away with though.

Regards,
Andrew