[mythtv-users] Mandrake 9.1 setup..any Suggestions

Jason Dinkelmann jason at thedinks.org
Thu Oct 9 15:34:37 EDT 2003

Hello:

I have been setup with myth for a couple of months now.  I am currently
using the following:
Celeron 1.7ghz
512 gb ram
80 gb HDD
GFMX440 (nvida)
Hauppage Win-tv (mono)
Mythtv, mythweather, mythmusic-0.11

I have a pvr250 that I want to install in place of the win-tv card and I am
thinking of doing a clean re-install of all of software and os.  What I was
wondering is if someone who has used Mandrake for their setup would know
what default options can be turned off during instalation and what needs to
be loaded.  I want to clean up the boot process and get things loading a bit
faster and use less disk space. Any pointer would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if there is a good way to do this without re-installing that would be
good to know too.  I am kind of new to all of this.

Thank to all and keep up the great work.

Jason