[mythtv-users] RE: [mythtv] replace TV by xawtv...

Yannick ml.mythtv at free.fr
Wed Oct 8 12:02:47 EDT 2003

> >  As I wrote it in another mail, I've got plenty of problems due to the
> > unability of mythtv to handle several TV norms at the same time...
> >
> >  Would it be possible to replace the TV feature by an external program
> > (xawtv...) ?
>
> Are you just looking for a different method for changing channels?
>  There is a field somewhere for "external channel change command" --
> usually used by people who have an external cable box as an input,
> and need to send out commands to an IR blaster to change channels.
>  However, I imagine people with regular tuners could do the same
> thing (unless MythTV forcibly goes back to channel 3 (or whatever
> input it uses) all of the time).

 Yes and ...no ...

 I really would like to use the internal TV player/recorder...

 But there's something wrong inside....

 It change channels well, but when the next channel has a different norm, this
channel cannot be viewed...

 So I tried to use the external channel change command with a script shell.

 This shell's content is roughly a parser to .xawtv config file with a call to
v4lctl setchannel <CHANNEL> and v4lctl setnorm <NORM_OF_THE_CHANNEL>

 But it doesn't work... There's something that conflicts...

 I had a look inside the source of mythtv... There are many call to setchannel
or things like that... I tried to add a setnorm command to set up
 the correct norm for a given channel, without success...

 That's why, for the moment, I would like to replace the internal TV player by
xawtv or tvtime... Recording would be disabled... It's a pity, but I don't
care for the moment...

 I don't use an external box... I have a basic PCTV Rave that receive 30-40
channel, unfortunately with differents norms...

 Some help is required ! Thank you !

Debian Project (http://www.debian.org)