[mythtv-users] No Internet, How Can I D/L XML Data?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 11:29:52 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 08 October 2003 10:36 am, Seth Lake wrote:
> I have no internet at home, I've recently moved way out into the country and
> nothing beyond dial-up is offered.
>

> At work I have 1.5M DSL and I've been D/Ling all the stuff here and burning
> it.  So far it's been quite a headache, but I expect that to improve as I'm
> still a super n00b at linux.
>

> Anyways, all I have at work is 'doze boxes, no linux.  How can I D/L a week+
> of programming at work, burn it and take it home to the myth box?

I believe XMLTV has a Win32 version.  Use that to d/l your listing data to an
XML file(s), take the file home and use 'mythfilldatabase --file' to import
the listings.  'mythfilldatabase --help' will give you the syntax.

Or, you could use a 'stealth' CD-bootable Linux distroy like Knoppix/KnoppMyth
or 'TopologiLinux' to boot into Linux at work and run your grabber that way.

-JAC