[mythtv-users] PVR-250 and NTL Cable in the UK

Derek M. A. Lee-Wo derek at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 8 08:31:45 EDT 2003

> > 2) There is a Linux command-line utility to control the channels (at
> > http://www.redremote.co.uk/serial/resdown.html).  I saw in the MythTV
> > HOW-TO that you can provide a shell script for changing channels.  I
> > assume I can wrap the RedEye serial utility in such a shell script,
> > and I
> > thus should not need to use lirc at all.  Is that right?
>
> I believe you wouldn't need lirc to control the cable box, but you'd
> still need a way to interface with MythTV, be that through a keyboard
> and mouse, or a remote (which would most likely require lirc).

The PVR-250 comes with it's own remote control which I was planning to
use.  I don't know it works, but is that seen as a serial device, and
thus I would still need lirc?

Derek

--
Derek M. A. Lee-Wo
Email: (Home)derek at leewo.net  (Work) dleewo at voicerite.com
Fax:     (US) 413-826-0641      (UK) 08701 338414

    "Those who will not risk cannot win" - John Paul Jones