[mythtv-users] Digital Broadcasting/ATSC.. what's up?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 7 22:04:09 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, Oct 7, 2003, at 19:58 US/Pacific, Chris Germano wrote:

> Thx for the info! That clarifies it a lot actually. I've just verified
> that CBS broadcasts it here in LA, would be nice to know if I can get
> signal here without first buying the card as I live in a valley.

Try antennaweb.org and you should be able to determine what you can get
(input your address, it'll give you a little map w/all the broadcast
towers on it, along with what type of antenna you need to get each
station). That's how I determined what I had to get, and the results it
gave me are almost right on the money. The station it said would be the
hardest for me to receive with the antenna I got is the only one I
don't get out of about 13 HD broadcasts in the Seattle area
(unfortunately, it is one of the major networks, NBC, but oh well).

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...