[mythtv-users] Digital Broadcasting/ATSC.. what's up?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 7 19:33:11 EDT 2003

I heard about a new HDTV capture card created solely for linux http://www.pchdtv.com/hd_2000.html (lol, but cool). They say that it works with mythtv as a PVR system in the FAQ and accepts the digital broadcasts:
"Cost effective ATSC/NTSC TV reception card, Supports all 18 ATSC compliant digital formats, Supports NTSC Analog Television."

Are these solely designed for the new digital broadcasting via airwaves or did I miss something? I live in LA and I think we have a couple channels up already, and I'm actually really interested in this. Anyone know anything about this technology?

I'm currently running MythTV with a WinTV 401dbx card that has a CS878A aka Fusion 878A chipset that has HDTV/ATSC support... http://www.conexant.com/products/entry.jsp?id=272 but not sure if this is supported or even works..I'm lost. The Svideo in port is labled (DTV/Svid) on the card itself...again hmm. They have extensive product documentation on the HDTV support.. does anyone know anything about this? That would be awesome to be able to use it as a digital tuner card for broadcasts over the airwaves, or even if someone found a way to use DirecTV as all of us right now have to tune it externaly and record from analog.