[mythtv-users] MythEncode.pl Menconder Error?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 15:54:01 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 06:29 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > Sorry about that.... Nuvexport seems to work very nicely. I like the
> > little Menu Interface... Why was VCD disabled? I must be missing a
> > library...
>
> missing library or application.  I haven't had time to fix it so it
> tells you why certain sections get disabled.
>
> > Also I get an error about no cutlist found. I have my Myth setup to run
> > auto-transcoding so I can't imagine whats up.... Any ideas? Do I have to
> > run mythtranscode automaniclly now? Either way nuvexport seems to be
> > doing its job now.
>
> not an error, just a notification.  If you automatically cut out the
> commercials, the cutlist gets wiped.
>
> > Any idea on if this will be integrated into the MythTV GUI at all?
> > Sounds like a good project for me :-)
>
> I'm happy to help if you want to do this.  The gui core of nuvexport
> will probably need to be tweaked for this to happen properly, but it
> shouldn't be too much work.  I'm not big on using mythfrontend for much
> other than editing, and I also thought about building a mythweb
> interface for nuvexport so I could just queue up what I want to encode
> and let it go for days.
>
> -Chris

For my $.02, I'd want to see this functionality somehow integrated with 'mtd'
(the DVD-ripping/transcoding-and-soon-to-be-CD-ripper/encoder daemon).  I'd
really like to have all 'off-line' ripping and/or transcoding handled through
a single queue, so that you could easily limit the number of concurrent
CPU-intensive tasks.  I hear Thor is doing a major overhaul of the
transcoding daemon; maybe when that's done he wouldn't mind integrating the
nuvexport functionality.  I might even volunteer to write the frontend GUI
part of it...

Of course, a mythweb interface would also be nice.  But that would only be
able to queue jobs on the backend; theoretically, these jobs could be done on
a frontend (as they are now with MythDVD, which needs access to the DVD drive
which is presumably on the frontend)

-JAC