[mythtv-users] Re: [mythtv-users Digest] Hard Drive (How Big?)

Tue Oct 7 10:59:43 EDT 2003

> how about one or a couple of these: maxtor 300gb 5400rpm for 216$ ...
> http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3699695
> anders

I have one (SATA version).  It works fine, and is acceptably fast.  However, whilst it is pretty quiet, it isn't as quiet as say a Barracuda IV.  The only real noise is the hum of it spinning though.  Noise level is probably high enough that people in quiet rooms at night could hear it from a couple of meters away (bear in mind my machine has very few fans, not even in the PSU)