[mythtv-users] pcHDTV card

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Oct 7 01:10:32 EDT 2003

On Monday, Oct 6, 2003, at 21:28 US/Pacific, Gerald Britton wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 04, 2003 at 11:32:01PM -0700, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
>> 1) Some channels come in with the rightmost 10-20% in solid green,
>> while the rest of the picture looks like it should. This happens when
>> viewing with both xine-hd and MythTV.
>
> This is a bug (perhaps a restriction) in your Xv driver.  It's failing
> deal with a source image 1920 pixels wide (probably is limited to 1600
> or
> so).  I haven't gotten the time to try and figure out if this is
> solvable
> or if the only solution is to do software scaling (ouch).

Aha. Oh, just to correct myself, it isn't solid green; solid magenta is
more like it. Now that I think about it, none of the non-wide-aspect
channels had a problem, and the one wide-aspect channel that did work
was ABC, which is broadcast in 1280x720 around here, so I believe
you've got my problem nailed.

For the record, the video card is a Radeon 9000 Pro, using the
open-source radeon driver. I'll see what I can do about software-only
scaling (the card is currently in a dual Athlon MP 2000 system; I think
it ought to handle it :), then try ATI's recently released driver, then
if it comes down to it, switch a GF4 card in (been meaning to try the
Radeon w/my main MythTV box hooked to the HDTV anyhow...). Thank you
for your help!

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE