[mythtv-users] Cannot see closed caption

Michael Greb mikegrb at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 01:24:25 EDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 10:52:33PM -0500, cmisip wrote:
> I am using an ATI TV Wonder and an ATI TV Wonder VE.

Ah, well these cards both should support VBI, I'm using a TV Wonder
VE.  Things you might check are that the VBI device actually shows
up.  Should be something like /dev/vbi0 and /dev/vbi1 or some such.
You might check permissions on the vbi devices.  The next place you
might check is the backend setup.  Same place you setup the video
cards, one of the options is for VBI device.  You should check that
they are properly set and that VBI mode is set correctly.

Hope one of these will be of use to you :)
Michael