[mythtv-users] Pauses in Live TV

brian at brianmoses.net brian at brianmoses.net
Mon Oct 6 18:38:56 EDT 2003

Firstly, I'm getting barely-perceptible (borderline subliminal) pauses in both
video and audio when watching Live TV.

I asked earlier on the list, and it was reccomended that I try to go and adjust
my resolution settings.  I dropped it down to 400x300 (from 400x400), tried
reducing the compression quality and tried watching some Live TV.  I am still
getting the annoying pauses in the playback.

Whenever I watch previously recorded TV shows, I have no problems with the
playback. Its crisp and continuous.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I might try to eliminate this problem?
I'm running MythTV v.11 on Debian Woody.  My hardware setup is an AMD XP 1800,
256mb PC-133 Corsair ram, WD 60gig HD (5400RPM) and an AverTV card.

Secondly,  I have a second computer that used to function as my MythTV backend
(I built a new PC to use primarily as my backend). Whenever I try and use the
frontend (to connect to my new backend PC) the application hangs with the pretty
MythTV blue background and never gets to the menu to Watch TV/recordings. Etc.
I have reconfigured everything to point at the IP of the machine with the
backend, but it still hangs up.  I even tried to remove everything MythTV
related on the PC and then reinstall only the frontend, but I get the same
problem.  I'm pretty stumped right now and would appreciate any input.

Thanks for the help,
Brian