[mythtv-users] Gainward GeForce FX5200

Ben Curtis fmstratk at coronium.com
Mon Oct 6 13:31:36 EDT 2003

We got off on a tangent in the PVR-250 discussion about graphics cards
with hardware MPEG2.  I'm going with an nVidia FX5200 for that reason as
well as others, but I had a question.  I found a good deal on an OEM
Gainward version with no fan.  Would an OEM version like this be suitable
and run OK with the nVidia driver for X?

I'm pretty sure it will, just want to be positive before I shell out the
cash.  The only thing I could find on Gainward in the search ws on the
440MX having issues with color.

Thanks,
Ben