[mythtv-users] ivtv and stereo sound.

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 3 14:00:13 EDT 2003

On Friday, Oct 3, 2003, at 09:58 US/Pacific, Ajay Sharma wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 17:15, rwk at americom.com wrote:
>> How do you tell if it's stereo or not?  I can't really tell just by
>> listening.
>
> Well, when I'm listening to MP3's the music is coming out of both
> speakers.  When I switch to mpeg's captured with my pvr-250 I'm only
> getting audio out of the right speaker.  And now that I'm typing this I
> think I'll double check my cables before blaming it on ivtv drivers.
> ;)

Cables? What cables? The only audio cable that should be involved in
the process of recording and playing PVR-250 files is the output to
your speakers or amp, and that seems to be fine if mp3s play in
stereo...

I'd suggest checking your mixer settings. (And if by chance, you have
an audio jumper from the PVR-250 to your sound card's line in, remove
it!). Then look back at the ivtv drivers. I believe some rare
instances, the card won't do stereo for some reason (search the ivtv
list for specifics, and look in your syslog for clues).

--Jarod

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...