[mythtv-users] How do you enter DVB-t channel information ?

Fri Oct 3 18:04:16 EDT 2003

There is a newer 0.1 patch available now.

Best thing to do is follow the setup for analogue channels.  Then when finished go back in and change the card type to DVB using the setup app.  Then go into the database manually and edit the dvb_channels table.  The fields aren't well documented (or at least you will need to search the list and check dvbchannel.cpp for full details), and you need to fiddle a bit.

If you are in the UK then I can send you a sample DB.  Contact me offlist

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: John Pullan [mailto:jmp at tarantella.com]
Sent: 03 October 2003 16:34
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: [mythtv-users] How do you enter DVB-t channel information ?

I've recently purchased a Nova-t card and I'm trying to get it to work
with MythTv. So far I've managed to get the card working outside of
Myth, (I've run scan and got mplayer to display the channel that I've
tzap'ed to).

I've also applied Kenneth's Alpha-5 dvb patch onto my cvs source tree
and compiled in DVB support, but now I'm a bit stuck.

How do I go about telling Myth about the dvb-t channels ? Do I need to
use the external tzap program to do the tuning once I've got the
channels into the database ?

Any help would be appreciated (The more detail the better ;-) ).
--
John Pullan <jmp at tarantella.com>