[mythtv-users] Quite sure it's mythweb - was: Could mythweb be interfering with recordings....?

and hons at rcn.com
Fri Oct 3 10:08:49 EDT 2003

I quite certain now that it is mythweb that crashes my backend. I have
a recording that got truncated exactly at the time when I hit refresh
on the 'recorded programs' page. Quite depressing as I prefer to use
the web for managing my recordings....

My backend crashes almost daily, but when I do a
/etc/init.d/mythbackend restart it says OK for both the shutdown and
restart (so aparently it wast really crashed). What I have found is
that I usually just have to 'rmmod saa7115'  and the 'insmod saa7115'
(to be on the safe side I also do restart the backend) to get the
stream working again.

I never see anything in the /var/log/messages or the mythbackend.log
logs that mentions the 'crash'. There is an entry that the recording
has started and the recording just gets truncated with no mention, so
it looks like the stream just gets broken.....

rgds
anders