[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and Sound

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Fri Oct 3 09:40:28 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 13:15, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 02 October 2003 12:39 pm, D Banerjee wrote:
> > Would it be possible to split the nuv and push the mpeg2 audio through the
> > sound card?
>
> Nope.  You wouldn't be able to guarantee audio sync at all that way.
>
> Isaac

So what happens when I want to watch a DVD?  I guess I could not use the
pvr output then, just the video card and sound card (like I have it now)

I'm just thinking outloud here but correct me if the following is a
wrong set up:

I could have the s-video coming out of the pvr into the s-video of the
tv (and that will bring with it the tv-sound) then I could have my tv
pass that sound to my stereo _and_ I could have the comp. video out of
my video card into the tv and my sound card output also into the tv.

Then I would need to switch inputs whenever I select to play a DVD????

Wait, come to think of it, where is the frontend showing up? it's not
coming out of the pvr is it? I ... am .... so ..... confused ....

-jose-