[mythtv-users] FF lockup fix?

Damon Searle djsearle at netspace.net.au
Fri Oct 3 19:17:37 EDT 2003

I was having the same problem (although im not sure I ever noticed any
problems with the picture quality) recording with mpeg4. Some files would
play through fine, others would freeze at certain points when jumping. I
switched to RTjpeg which seemed to fix it. With mpeg4 cpu usage was around
80-90% so it was probably overloading the cpu recording some videos, with
RTjpeg its around 50%. (Crappy Celeron 800).

- Damon