[mythtv-users] Re: Searching the archives

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu Oct 2 10:11:27 EDT 2003

At 10:53 AM 10/2/2003 -0500, Chris Delis wrote:

>Is there a search engine for the list archives?  The only site I know of
>is (yes I'm new to this list in case you haven't yet figured that
>out ;-):
>
>http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/
>
>Currently, if I want to search the archives, I can either go into each
>month and do a title search.  If I want to do a message body search,
>I can download the complete archive and search the whole lot.
>
>Is there a better way?

Yes. It actually visible on the Web page, but it is easy to miss.

If you go from www.mythtv.org to the "General Info/Lists" page, you'll see
these lines at the end of two of the list dscriptions:

         for myth-dev: "Go here for a searchable mailing list archive."

         for myth-users: "Here is the mailing list archive for MythTV-users."

Both "here" words are links to (respectively)
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Dev_F10/ and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/archive/MythTV_C2/Users_F11/

Though the entry for mythtv-users does not actually say so, both lists are
searchable at this site.