[mythtv-users] Geforce4 440MX (Gainward) tv out black&white

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 2 12:39:58 EDT 2003

On Thursday 02 October 2003 11:29 am, Greg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having some trouble with my new Geforce card, in that the S-video
> out display only black and white during boot and while at the console. I
> was having trouble with X until I set the "TVOutFormat" to "COMPOSITE",
> and that corrected the color problem. The S-Video cable connects to the
> Composite port on the card... Does anyone one know how to get the
> console displaying in color with this card? Also my screen keeps rolling
> over, I'd imagine I need to play with fbset to get the V-Sync corrected
> on the console (X is fine) any tips on how to do this is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

I've got the same problem with my framebuffer console on my GF4MX.  It's fine
while booting up, but as soon as I start X, if I switch to another VT it goes
all wonky, and even if I kill X my console is not restored.  If only I had
the proper modeline for fbset!

If anyone has good fbset modelines for a GF4MX, I'd appreciate a copy!

-JAC