[mythtv-users] OSS -vs- ALSA sound

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Wed Oct 1 20:32:48 EDT 2003

On 1 Oct 2003 at 12:35, Ian Forde wrote:

> If your sblive is a sblive 5.1, and you're using ALSA, you can use the
It is and I am using alsa

> attached asound.state (gzipped).  Put it in /etc, do a 'alsactl
> restore', connect the digital coax cable to your av receiver, and you're

I'll try that, does this require reloading the alsa modules after installing
this asound file or just the command above?

So just to make sure I understand. This implements ac3 passthru so that my
Creative Desktop Theatre amp will use the ac3 signal to properly play the
audio to my 5.1 speakers.

Is there an easy way to use this with Xine, or Ogle, or say Mythvideo (or was
that MythDVD, I can't remember).

Now, what output are you refering to?  Do you mean the stereo mini
analog/digital jack on the card (above the mic jack at the top end of the
card) or the spdif connector that exists on my digital io card (or livedrive
bay, what have you)?

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting