[mythtv-users] 5th Time asked...Someone please take 2 minutes to answer.

mythtv mythtv at bruce.homelinux.com
Sun Nov 30 21:56:42 EST 2003

James,

Thank you for answering my questions.

I did read the documentation several times, but It does not make sense to me to
have transcoding/encoding make a file larger. Shouldnt the limit be at 100% of the
original?
If a file gets larger, that to me is decoding. and If I am making an mpeg4 file
why is the suffix still .nuv and not mepg4? That really doesnt make any sense. Or
does it?

I know where my original files are, but I didnt know if myth was putting the
transcoded files somewhere else.

I am recording all my programs through mythweb, which to my knowledge doesnt have
an advanced recording screen.? Also, I dont see an advanced recording menu in
mythfronted either. Can you be more specific.

Once again. Thank you for answering.