[mythtv-users] Change channel problems

mythtv mythtv at bruce.homelinux.com
Sun Nov 30 15:30:10 EST 2003

Mark,

I have Redhat 9 working, but I am still a newbie.
I would say that your channels need fine tuning. Have you fine tuned?
Try the tv-time program, whithout the (-) in the name.I put a dash because
It appears that messages get dropped with this name for some reason??

Anyway try chaning channels in that, once I got that working, I went back to
myth,  did a SQL dump of my entire mythconverg
database, then I edited the ascii file, finetuning the channels to what tv-time
saw as clear. Then I moved my dumped(edited)
db back into SQL. Or if you are good with SQL, just edit them there rather than
dumping.

If your channels are fine tuned, make sure you are using the correct
input(television) I spent 2 weeks with this mess and had to go buy a new card
because my inputs were screwed up.

Bruce