[mythtv-users] MythDVD - low volume, lirc lost after playing DVD, can't rip

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 13:37:56 EST 2003

Just installed mythdvd and have three problems:

1) The volume is very low during DVD playback.  Do I need to pass options to mplayer?
2) After exiting the DVD, mythfrontend no longer receives remote events (using irxevent, not myth's built-in lirc).   The keyboard still works, and exiting and re-starting mythfrontend restores remote function.  (With mythvideo, I lose keyboard control and have to kill mplayer from another terminal).
3) When I select Rip DVD, I get a message stating it can't connect to myth's transcoding daemon.  Do I need to enable auto-transcoding in setup?  I don't want my normal recordings to be transcoded.

Thanks for any help.  I posted all three questions in one rather than start three threads.  I hope that's proper form.