[mythtv-users] Could someone post a HowTo on btaudio please

manu eallaud at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 30 04:54:32 EST 2003

Le 30.11.2003 16:27:04, Robert Dege a écrit :

> > Thanks for saving me tons of time.  Do the PVR-350 cards work with
> it?
> > I think I remember lots of references to those working...
>
> The WinTV-Go cards "do" technically work with btaudio, however, the
> result
> is scratchy, horrible quality.  You have to set the sample rate to
> 48000
> when you load the module, and then configure sox (or myth) to a rate
> of 32000.
>
> The better bet is to use WinTV-dbx.  The only difference between the
> dbx &
> the Go is that the dbx has an msp3400 compliant sound chip on it that
> btaudio recognizes (works quite well with it).

I agree that looking in the archives is the way to find almost all
answers, but I guess a wiki site with the answers to common questions
(btaudio, gfx cards supporting XVMc...) would be helpful (and will
perhaps help decreasing the load of this list. The link to it could be
thrown at the face of anyone asking questions with easy answers ;-) and
as it is really easily modified by anyone, there could even be a
section where people add the problematic (a priori) hardware they
managed to get working with the tricks/config they used. A section on
unusual/complicated config could also be useful.
Having said that I don't the bandwidth/competences/time to open a wiki,
but if it was opened I would contribute to it with great pleasure as a
way to give back to this great project.
Bye
Manu