[mythtv-users] Mysql cleanup wipe/restore

MegaDeTH megadeth at geekopolis.com
Sat Nov 29 19:02:19 EST 2003

To completely purge and start over do this, warning, this will require
you compeltely re setup myth, everything will be gone, transcoding will
not work until you setup the recording & transcoding profiles.

on computer running mysql, do the following without quotes.

"mysqldump > mythconverg.sql"   this will backup your current database
into the file called "mythconverg.sql

"mysql"  starts command line sql interface

"drop database mythconverg;"  wipes out the database

"quit"  exits to prompt

go to mythtv/database

type "mysql < mc.sql"  creates an empty database, and sets permissions.

When you startup your backend, it will automatically build all the
tables and apply all the patches needed.

Wouldnt hurt to wipe out all your recordings too, and ensure that folder
is clean.

You'll have to run setup on the backend, and the clients to setup the
IP's, all that info is stored in tables, doing this will make it a bare
scratch install!!

If you want to undo this, just drop the database, recreate the database,
and then run mysql < mythconverg.sql  that'll restore everything