[mythtv-users] Will 0.11 Frontend (on Xbox) work with 0.12 Backend?

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Fri Nov 28 12:31:46 EST 2003

Keith Hanlan wrote:

>I have a 0.12 backend running and now I would like to install the
>front-end on my Xbox. Will I be able to make use of Dennis
>Cartier's bittorrent image (which is currently based on 0.11) at
>all or am I going to have to roll-my-own 0.12? Alternatively, is
>there a 0.12 image for the Xbox available somewhere else?

Dennis already has 0.12 on his site.

Here is his message to the list on 10/28/03

Hello,

I have updated the 0.3 release to Myth 0.12. To update your version simply
download the new tar file, extract the myth_progfs from it, and replace your
current version with this one. No other changes should be required. You do
have to use 0.12 back ends though.

http://mirrors.engr.arizona.edu/xboxmyth/mythtv-0.12.progfs.tar.bz2
http://www.crazybrain.org/mythtvxbox/mythtv-0.12.progfs.tar.bz2 (not online
yet)