[mythtv-users] Video coming out on composite0 nottelevision output

mythtv mythtv at bruce.homelinux.com
Fri Nov 28 00:58:27 EST 2003

Hi,

I did miss his Reply. Please excuse me.

So, here it goes.

I have been trying for ~3-4 weeks trying to get mythtv to work at all. I tried
tv-time
because it has less overhead and I can see the results more instantanious.

first, I am not sure what dictaes the input as composite0 or televison.

I am using Redhat9 with a re-compile kernel setting .tuner_type=2 for my card so on
autodetection it gets detected correctly as NTSC.

Hardware:

Leadtek WinFast TV 2000 Deluxe.

 lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8366/A/7 [Apollo KT266/A/333]
00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8366/A/7 [Apollo KT266/A/333 AGP]
00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 model
NC100 (rev 11)
00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 model
NC100 (rev 11)
00:0e.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev
11)
00:0e.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture (rev 11)
00:10.0 Multimedia audio controller: C-Media Electronics Inc CM8738 (rev 10)
00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233A ISA Bridge
00:11.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586/B/686A/B PIPC Bus Master IDE
(rev 06)
00:11.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 23)
00:11.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 23)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX 420] (rev a3)

dmesg:
Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 439M
agpgart: Detected Via Apollo Pro KT266 chipset
agpgart: AGP aperture is 64M @ 0xe0000000
cmpci: version $Revision: 5.64 $ time 02:44:52 Nov 20 2003
cmpci: found CM8738 adapter at io 0xd800 irq 5
cmpci: chip version = 055
cmpci: Enable SPDIF loop
i2c-core.o: i2c core module
i2c-core.o: driver i2c TV tuner driver registered.
i2c-algo-bit.o: i2c bit algorithm module
bttv: driver version 0.7.107 loaded
bttv: using 4 buffers with 2080k (8320k total) for capture
bttv: Host bridge is VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8366/A/7 [Apollo KT266/A/333]
bttv: Bt8xx card found (0).
bttv0: Bt878 (rev 17) at 00:0e.0, irq: 5, latency: 32, mmio: 0xef002000
bttv0: detected: Leadtek WinFast TV 2000 [card=34], PCI subsystem ID is 107d:6606
bttv0: using: BT878(Leadtek WinFast 2000/ W) [card=34,autodetected]
tuner: chip found @ 0xc2
i2c-core.o: client [(tuner unset)] registered to adapter [bt848 #0](pos. 0).
i2c-core.o: adapter bt848 #0 registered as adapter 0.
bttv0: using tuner=2
tuner: type set to 2 (Philips NTSC (FI1236,FM1236 and compatibles))
bttv0: i2c: checking for MSP34xx @ 0x80... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA9875 @ 0xb0... not found
bttv0: i2c: checking for TDA7432 @ 0x8a... not found
bttv0: PLL: 28636363 => 35468950 .. ok
bttv0: registered device video0
bttv0: registered device vbi0
bttv0: registered device radio0
bttv0: PLL can sleep, using XTAL (28636363).

The only thing I have plugged into my Video Capture card is my analog cable line,
audio out(going to audio in on my Mboard), and my remote control line.  I have a FM
tuner, but nothing is plugged in to it.

Now I tried the card on an old PC and everything works fine, except that it is an old

500mhz system and I do not want to use it there.
I cant see any difference in the above hardware outputs between the 2 systems. I am
using a Nvidia mx440 with their drivers installed on X.

So What I am doing is trying to get any picture I can. In television input mode, I
can change the channels, but get a "no signal" on the display. When I switch to
composite0 I can see 1 channel, the channel that I last tuned to while I was in
"television mode".
For mythtv, I tried all diferent inputs during setup input configuration.
What dictates composite0, 1,3 and television as inputs? It seems to me that my video
is being ported to the wrong one of the aforementioned.

Thanks for your help. This is driving me nuts.

Bruce