[mythtv-users] Advice Needed for Gentoo

orv orv at no-comply.com
Thu Nov 27 14:17:48 EST 2003

You need to add the BTTV module using the kernel config gui (make
menuconfig). The thing is, BTTV only appears in the list when other options
are enabled in the kernel.

It appears under

Multimedia devices  --->
    Video For Linux --->
       <M> BT848 Video For Linux

You need to enable "I2C support" and "I2C bit-banging interfaces" in the
"Character Devices --->" menu first.

Hope that helps.

orv.