[mythtv-users] Advice Needed for Gentoo

Jelle Kalf jelle at kalf.org
Thu Nov 27 02:14:02 EST 2003

Ok, I'm running gentoo, yet I'm using ivtv.

Do you really need bttv 0.9.1.1 to get your card up and running? If not version 0.7.x is in the gentoo-sources. Do watch out with going for the gentoo-test-sources. It does contain a new version of bttv afaik, but it also has i2c 2.8.0 which has issues with bttv. (also explicitely noted in the kernel documentation of i2c. If you really need bttv 0.9.x support, you better emerge the vanilla-sources (2.4.22) and patch up with the patches from bytesex.org. only patch patches:

19_videodev25-2.4.22.diff
30_tuner-2.4.22.diff
20_v4l2-2.4.22.diff
30_bt832-2.4.22.diff
30_bttv-0.7.x-2.4.22.diff
30_bttv-doc-2.4.22.diff
30_i2c-2.4.22.diff

and in your case replace the bttv patch with the latest one. THe other patches bytesex.org advised broke my kernel :(

There are a lot of bttv/mythtv users to be found in the gentoo forums (http://forums.gentoo.org/). That forums is the largest single point of information about gentoo and all it's packages.

Jelle