[mythtv-users] Tvout Fuzzy

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Wed Nov 26 19:42:07 EST 2003

Fixed top posting

> Nick Breau wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I decided to hook my TV-out on my GForce MX440 up to my tv
> to have a
> > look at the output qualiy.  The desktop seems extremely fuzzy and I
> > was wondering do i need to configure video settings in
> Linux in order
> > for the display to look good on a TV
> >

> I shoudl also add that I added the lines mentionned at
> Jared's guide to
> the XF86config however all it seemed to do was reduce quality
> and make
> everything black&white.
>
> I have an MSI GeForce4 440MX

Are you sure you're not just expecting too much? TV is almost always
going to look a bit fuzzy compared with a monitor. You don't mention
whether you are using composite, S-video, component or RGB inputs on
your TV. Composite will always look pretty pretty crap. S-Video is a
major step up. Component and RGB is a step up again.

CH