[mythtv-users] Cool ATX cases

Wed Nov 26 12:47:56 EST 2003

> I'm a little more skeptical about the brown paper plan, though.

The brown paper was a joke... Don't do it!

The point was more than practically any sound-damping makes a big difference.  Rumour has it that decent carpet underlay works very well, but I can't say I have tried it (Obviously don't even think about putting something in there which will degrade, flake, or otherwise chuck junk inside the case...).

Most of the commercial sound damping stuff in overclocking type shops gets very poor reviews.  However, I really find that with a steel case you really need something stuck on one of the big panels to try and kill some of the reflections.

Ed