[mythtv-users] Failed recordings

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Nov 26 09:04:53 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 14:44, James Pifer wrote:
> I tried to do another recording to start at 8:30AM CST and here's what I
> get in messages. Maybe I Should post this to the ivtv list, but I think
> they look at this list too...probably no sense in getting the thread
> going in two places.

This is a problem with ivtv. The driver is a bit racy, and, well, not
completely deterministic at boot time. It sometimes takes 1 or 2 reboot
to get it initialized correctly. Kevin is working on an automatic reload
of parts of the driver in the case of firmware timeouts, so hopefully
this will be no problem in the future (future as in: in some
days/weeks).

It is highly recommendable to read the ivtv-devel list, if you use a
pvr250/350.

Torsten