[mythtv-users] bttv audio (tvaudio) too load

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Wed Nov 26 00:54:34 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 19:19, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> No, bt8x8 cards that support btaudio use an msp3400 chip.  IIRC, the PVR-x50
> cards also use a msp3400 chip, but the ivtv driver uses its own msp3400.o
> kernel module instead of the v4l one included in the kernel source, so some
> folks have had problems getting a v4l card & a PVR-x50 card to coexist (but
> it *is* possible, I believe).

It's totally possible. ;)  I'm watching "The West Wing" right now - not
sure which tuner it was recorded on.  I've got a Freestyle card (ivtv
driver) and a WinTV Go card (bttv driver)... as I understand it, Jarod's
guide lists how to make the 2 cards coexist.  He doesn't list btaudio
though...  Here's how I got mine to work...

Freestyle (PVR-250) is /dev/video0
WinTV Go card is /dev/video1

For /etc/modules.conf, I'm using ALSA with a SB Live 5.1.  It's
sound-slot-0.  Here are the relative bits...
# For ivtv
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/drivers/media/video
# For bttv and saa7134
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/v4l2
# default path
path[toplevel]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv debug=1
options tuner type=2
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
alias char-major-81-1 bttv
post-install snd-card-0 /usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
post-install snd-emu10k1 modprobe btaudio
pre-install btaudio modprobe snd-pcm-oss
options btaudio dsp1=2 dsp2=3 mixer=2

I just had to point mythtvsetup to use /dev/dsp2 for audio capture (or
was it /dev/dsp3?  I keep forgetting... and, as it happens, so does myth
forget when I go back into setup...)  I know it works because... well...
right now I'm recording "24" and I'm still able to watch Live TV!

	-I

--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME
                       ian at duckland.org / ian at cytben.com