[mythtv-users] .... video outputs / inputs??

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 25 13:24:05 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 10:15, Jelle Kalf wrote:
> I have a hauppauge PVR250 REV1.
>
> I have /dev/video0 and /dev/video32 ...
> What's /dev/video32 for ?

If I were to venture a guess (which I am), I'd say it was a virtual
framebuffer device similar to the PVR-350's /dev/video16.  The Rev1
PVR-250 has the same MPEG decoder that the 350 has, but it lacks the
TV-out.  I believe the ivtv folks are planning on eventually supporting
this as a virtual framebuffer to do HW decoding, while your main video
card handles the TV-out.

Just a guess; I don't think it's really supported yet.

-JAC