[mythtv-users] Prebuffering pause

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Mon Nov 24 18:03:43 EST 2003

OK, my bad. My question remains, however. I assume the common cause of this
situation is that the backend has problems providing a consistent stream of
video data (in those cases where a backend is used). My backend is what I
would consider overkill (AMD Athlon 2100+ with two striped 80G drives, hdparm
-t of over 80MB/sec) so I don't see that as a problem. I guess the other
problem area is the network. I'm using a pretty high-end ethernet switch
between the back and front ends.

Oh well, I don't expect people to debug the thing for me, just looking for
people with similar experiences.