[mythtv-users] OT: Anybody create CVDs on Linux?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Nov 24 17:49:33 EST 2003

> (1) When you've transcoded Div/MPEG-4 to MPEG-2 1/2 D1, how did you do
> it (i.e., mpeg2enc?  transcode? what options? and what options for
> mplex/tcmplex ?)

nuvexport - that's why I wrote it.  uses mpeg2enc (so does transcode,
for that matter).

If you want to see what commands it uses, run it with --debug

http://forevermore.net/myth  (I really need to make a real homepage for
it - maybe I'll do that tonight)

If someone gives me the CVD encoding settings, it should be pretty easy
to write up a CVD plugin for nuvexport.

-Chris

PS. Speaking of which, if there is anyone familiar with writing
Makefile.PL files, please contact me - I'd like to get nuvexport set up
with a proper installer, and split out the gui/export classes into their
own module files.