[mythtv-users] Lirc for Scientific Atlanta Explorer 3200

Muddy muddy at muddysmind.com
Mon Nov 24 13:42:49 EST 2003

Hi all,

Has anyone been able to use LIRC with the Scientific Atlanta Explorer
3200? I've got this digital cable box and would love to use it for my
recordings but mythtv won't change the channels without lirc which I've
never setup.

I'm also wondering if there is an already built IR Transmitter so I
don't have to blow up my box attempting to hook up a home brew IR
transmitter. I do not need a receiver as my mythtv runs on the same
workstation I'm sitting at and I use the keyboard for changing channels.

I have looked at the IR Trans and it looks nice but seems a little
pricey to me.

Any other options out there?

Thanks,
Jeff "Muddy" Waters

ps. I use a custom kernel which I built lirc into so I know that part
should be ok. It's the hardware that I'm not sure about.