[mythtv-users] Re: zap2it problems

jose rubio debian at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 24 11:36:21 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 10:25, RJV wrote:
> > > I'm trying to set up MythTV on a LM 9.2 box using Thac's RPMs.
>
> > Thac is distributing an RPM based on XMLTV 0.5.19.  You need 0.5.23 to
> > work with the latest changes at zap2it.
>
> Are there RPMs available for this, or do I need to install from the
> source?
>
> I found some Redhat 9 RPMS here
> -> http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/rh9/xmltv/ , but they don't play
> nice on my system...
>

> -- RJV --					..ooOO miracle at procyon.com
>
> -- Institution of Postgraduate Education - Graduation 2001
> -- Institution of Undergraduate Education - Alumnus 1997
>
> The opinions expressed in any email originating from this account are the
> sole opinions of the author.  They do not reflect the opinions or policies
> of any institution or individuals other than myself.
> ----

I think the only problem with Zap2it was that they put some spaces
somewhere...
All you need to do is change the file(s) named ZapListings.pm in your
system.  The line that reads:

while ( $options=~s/<OPTION value="(\d+)">([^<]+)<\/OPTION>//ios ) {

To make it like so:

while ( $options=~s/<OPTION value="(\d+)"\s*>([^<]+)<\/OPTION>//ios ) {

and the line that reads

$p->{description}=$2;

$p->{description}=massageText($2);

ALWAYS make backups before you change anything...  I learned that the
hard way -- actually I learn that the hard way ever couple of weeks :-)

-jose-