[mythtv-users] Re: btaudio question

RJV miracle at procyon.com
Mon Nov 24 11:18:26 EST 2003

> btaudio (if it works on your card) creates 2 new dsp devices (the actual
> device names will vary with you installation, but mine are /dev/dsp1
> & /dev/dsp2, for digital & analog capture, respectively). These
> devices capture right off the PCI bus of the tuner card, no patch cable
> necessary. Note that the btaudio devices are usually locked to a 32000
> Hz sample rate. So, to test this using your command above, you'd
> change it to:
>
> sox -c 1 -w -r 32000 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp1 -t ossdsp /dev/dsp
>
> or something like that.
>
> Keep in mind that btaudio may not work on your card.

Hrm, I wonder if I have those bad cards.  btaudio creates two dsp devices
- dsp2 and dsp3.  But if I use any of the above sox commands, I don't get
sound from those devices - only from /dev/dsp...

FWIW, the card's I'm using are WinTV cards 61111 Rev B510 with an FCC ID
of H90ROBINS

-- RJV --					..ooOO miracle at procyon.com

-- Institution of Postgraduate Education - Graduation 2001
-- Institution of Undergraduate Education - Alumnus 1997

The opinions expressed in any email originating from this account are the
sole opinions of the author.  They do not reflect the opinions or policies
of any institution or individuals other than myself.