[mythtv-users] "watch recordings" menu -- 900 program limit?, and slow to generate

Eric Wemhoff ericlw at hotpop.com
Mon Nov 24 06:44:20 EST 2003

> Here's another, more radical, patch against current CVS.  It reduces
> most processing delays, except for database queries and network
> transfers, about as low as possible without doing a major redesign to
> show partial results incrementally.

Okay I decided to use the cvs version, finally got that compiled and
running.  I'm not sure if I screwed something up, but for me the cvs
takes about 16 secs to generate the list for 960 recorded programs as
compared to that 9.5 secs that release 0.12 took for 942 programs.
Something changed there I think since 0.12.

Next I tried your newer patch and it actually adds another half second
or so to the cvs' time.  Also mythfrontend was crashing when you
cruise to particular places in the 'watch recordings' menus.  I'm
curious what your experience was.

That's what I can report for now.

-Eric