[mythtv-users] zap2it problems

Marc Slemko marcs at znep.com
Mon Nov 24 01:13:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 mvalites at yankees-suck.org wrote:

> >> I'm trying to set up MythTV on a LM 9.2 box using Thac's RPMs.
> >
> > Thac is distributing an RPM based on XMLTV 0.5.19.  You need 0.5.23 to
> > work with the latest changes at zap2it.
> >

> I'm running debian unstable and have the lastest verion of the deb
> provided.  I have also upgraded my xmltv but mythfilldatabase and
> tv_grab_na both tell me:
>
> checking provider information for postal/zip code xxxxx, be patient..
> zap2it gave us a page with no service provider options
> check postal/zip code or www site (maybe they're down)
> (LWP::UserAgent version is libwww-perl/5.69)
>
> Are the new deb packages coming out soon and will they fix this problem?

http://incoming.debian.org/

at some point in the not too distant future (but I have no idea
when) they will magically disapper from that location, soon afterwards
they should appear from normal sources and be available for install.

Yes, these do appear to fix the described problem.  At least for me.