[mythtv-users] Can't play live TV or videos

Douglas Phillipson dougp at intermind.net
Mon Nov 24 01:29:50 EST 2003

Installed MythTV from apt-get install mythtv-suite.  Using Redhat 9,
NVidia Gforce4, WinTV Go capture card.

My backend is on the same machine as my frontend.  Recording is taking
place.  I can see the recordings in lower left of screen when I'm in
"Watch Recordings".  When I choose to play a recording or try watching
live TV I get a blank screen.  I have "Video player" set to "mplayer -fs
%s".

Question:  What does MythTV use to play live TV and playback recorded
video?  Is it Mplayer?  What???  My xawtv works fine.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Doug P