[mythtv-users] what is mythcommflag doing?

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 23 00:26:43 EST 2003

>From: "Chris Pinkham" <cpinkham at bc2va.org>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] what is mythcommflag doing?
>Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:16:20 -0500 (EST)
>
> > >mysql> SELECT
> >
> >recorded.chanid,starttime,endtime,title,subtitle,description,channel.cha
> > >nnum,channel.callsign,channel.name
> > >     -> FROM recorded
> > >     -> LEFT JOIN channel ON recorded.chanid = channel.chanid
> > >     -> WHERE recorded.chanid = 1009
> > >     -> AND starttime = 20030419200000;
>
> > I don't know if anyone is interested, but there is an alternate
> > syntax that may be easier to use.  Try:
> >
> > select r.chanid,starttime,endtime,title,subtitle,description,
> > channum,callsign,name from recorded r, channel c
> > where r.chanid = 1009 and starttime = 20030419200000 and
> > r.chanid = c.chanid;
>
>What you show is the same format query (without the 'r' and 'c' aliases)
>that was in Myth before I modified it.  The new left join makes it so that
>it will return results if there are matching entries in recorded but
>nothing to join on in channel which is what we need in this scenario.
>
>--
>
>Chris

Sorry.  I guess I should have paid more attention to the thread.  I'm
used to doing Oracle SQL queries 10-12 hours a day.  I'm not a big
fan of "inner join" "outer join" etc.  Probably caused by having to deal
with MS Access.  But since we're stuck with it, this might be a good
time to mention:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/JOIN.html

Join to your hearts' content!  [Damn, I wish mySQL would implement
(+) ]

-- Harry O.