[mythtv-users] On video w/mostly black,

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Sat Nov 22 23:53:15 EST 2003

At 10:44 PM 11/22/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Just wanted to chime in that I'm experiencing the same issue.  Stutter on
>mostly black or mostly white screens during mythtv playback.  Both in LiveTV
>and recorded programs, nothing else going on while recording. Pausing makes
>no difference in LiveTV.  No messages from myth or ivtv. Seems to be in the
>recorded file as it happens at the same place everytime on playback.  Yet,
>Mplayer/Xine/Windows Media player all play back the file fine.  Perhaps they
>just handle the corrupted mpg better?

I too have noticed stuttering.  If there's an abrupt transition in the
video that goes to a screen that is mostly black, it's usually accompanied
by a glitch in the audio.    I haven't gotten the chance to investigate the
issue much, as it's not all that annoying to me.

I've got a Freestyle card in a Pundit.

-WD