[mythtv-users] On video w/mostly black, video/audio gets choppy (live TV)

wishbone at h4b.org wishbone at h4b.org
Sat Nov 22 22:01:16 EST 2003

I'm also experiencing something similar.  It appears to only be affects on
certain channels.  Comedy central for example does this almost all the time.
Where tech tv never studders.  If it appears only near the black portions
between commercial breaks, then possible it the commercial detect code?  I've
been trying to diagnose this problem for a couple weeks now.  It just started
happening out of the blue after everything was working fine for weeks.  I'm
running

myth .12
ivtv CVS for .12
intel MB, intel 2.4 GHz proc
PVT-250 encoder
Geforce 3 vid card.

I even deleted my entire DB and started over from scratch and still experience
the same issues.  Tried moving to an older ivtv driver, no luck.  Tried
adjusting the quality of the encoding, no luck.  Although I haven't tried
disabling commercial break detecting yet.  I may try that next.

let me know if you find out anything,
joshua