[mythtv-users] Nebula DigitTV card - anyone got it working?

Clyde Stubbs clyde at htsoft.com
Sat Nov 22 08:41:08 EST 2003

Thanks - I had already posted to the linuxtv list, but got no
useful responses yet. As it turns out the error messages I
was focussing on were unimportant. I've now got to the stage
where I can tune channels, but no data comes from the card
(using mplayer, xine, or just plain cat).

I've tracked that so far to a dvb_dmxdev_buffer_read() sleeping
on a queue variable, and never getting woken up. I suspect
an interrupt problem, but that is primarily because I see
a "spurious 8259 interrupt" message when I first access
the card - this _could_ be another red herring.

If any of that technical detail makes any sense to you, and you
have any suggestions, please pass them on, otherwise I'll keep
tracing the problem (and learning a lot about Linux device
drivers in the process...)

I have to figure out how Linux handles interrupts, I think.

Cheers, Clyde

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 12:59:25PM -0000, Edward Wildgoose wrote:
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Yes. Post your question to the linuxtv-dvb mailing list.  There are only a
> few people with DVB cards here, and possibly no one with that card.  I have
> Hauppauge cards for example
>
> Also, be technical  "Goes Pearshaped" is not very descriptive.  I have no
> idea what you mean, but the details are probably important to determining
> what went wrong.
>
> Give the linuxtv list a go anyway
>
> Good luck!

Clyde Stubbs                     |            HI-TECH Software
Email: clyde at htsoft.com          |          Phone            Fax
WWW:   http://www.htsoft.com/    | USA: (408) 490 2885  (408) 490 2885
PGP:   finger clyde at htsoft.com   | AUS: +61 7 3552 7777 +61 7 3552 7778