[mythtv-users] nVidia problems and questions

Tim Bates bladerunner at cox.net
Thu Nov 20 16:03:35 EST 2003

Hey all,

I have an nVidia TI 4200,

I have just downloaded the 4363 driver from nVidias web site .
I get the same thing happening as when I use Jarods tutorial for the
apt-get nVidia drivers ....

When  X restarts It says no screens found , Then the systems goes into a
trouble shoot program  that asks if i would
like to view the XF86 output,  but before I can say yes the system locks up.

If I change the driver in XF86config back to  "nv"  it works fine except
for TV OUT which never worked..
TV out Is what I am really shooting for.
What I am really asking is , has anybody had any luck with this card ?
Should I switch to  a GEforce4 440 MX card??  This seems to be a very
popular card for the myth project.

I am running a shuttle motherboard and it has the via chip set on it, I
remember reading about people having troubles
with that particular chip set would be better off finding anew
motherboard with a different chip set??

What are peoples opinion  between  Knoppmyth and  RH9
I have now installed both (several times )

I seem to see RH as slightly more stable
But Knoppmyth seems to work a little easier  out of the box
With either system  I still cannot record live TV, that is I get a
recording but it is 1/2 hour of black screen

My system is both the frontend and the backend. It is just an extra
computer I keep in my office to try to record my
favorite shows while I am working.

I will appreciate anybody's input for anything
Thanks
Tim