[mythtv-users] Has anyone managed to get LIRC w/ Hauppauge PVR-250 remote working on 2.4.20-8 kernel?

Adam Wood AdamWood at Xephi.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 04:14:05 EST 2003

Hi,

I've managed to get a setup like this working quite nicely. Haven't
setup the remote completely but it did get recognised. I'm hoping to go
back to fixing it soon. I did have to recompile the kernel. I used stock
redhat 9.0 (2.4.20-8) and installed the sources. After running "make
menuconfig" I tweaked a couple of files to reset the version number
before compiling. I've not got the details right here but off the top of
my head a new kernel will be compiling as 2.4.20-8custom to remove the
"custom" from the end modify include/version.h and Makefile in the root
source directory /usr/src/linux (or whatever) I think there is a #define
minor_version or custom_version something to that effect which needs
deleting or resetting to '8'. Same thing in Makefile.

After that cle266 drivers would load no problem as it thought the kernel
was still the stock version and the binary image is similar enough that
it doesn't matter. Just remember to include i2c support when
configuring.

Hope that is some help, if my directions aren't clear just tell me and
I'll post this evening when I get a chance to look at the details.

Adam