[mythtv-users] "watch recordings" menu -- 900 program limit?, and slow to generate

David Engel dlengel at attbi.com
Thu Nov 20 00:29:46 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 10:34:26AM -0800, Eric Wemhoff wrote:
> the wrong place.  Instead of at the top of the list where they belong
> they're actually getting listed towards the end (but not quite at the
> very end).  It's this way in the "All Programs" list, as well as the
> individual shows lists.  The number 900 seems to be important; if I

Yeah, 900 is special because the code appears to format show numbers
as 3-digit strings for sorting purposes.  For a quick fix, try
changing 999 to 9999 and 100 to 1000 in PlaybackBox::FillList.

> While I'm on the subject of the recorded programs menu, on my machine
> with my admittedly large collection of recorded programs it takes a
> little over 10 seconds to generate the menu, with a respectable
> processor and no other noteworthy processes running.  10 seconds is a
> long time, especially considering it redoes this whenever you either
> select "watch recordings", stop watching a recording, or delete a
> recording.  It would be a lot more pleasant if this process was
> faster, I'm wondering how to speed it up.  I haven't read any of the

There appears to be a lot of copying of data going on.  I don't know
how much it would help, but using pointers instead of copying
certainly wouldn't hurt.

David
--
David Engel